Rock Your Interview!
After have been interviewed on podcasts, and having interviewed several people, I wanted to share some of my tips to ensure that you have the most enjoyable experience as a guest on the Up Rev Ninja podcast.
Before the Call
10 Minutes Before
- Tweet out "I'm excited to talk with @tommyhudson on the @uprevninja podcast! #uprevyourlife"
- Or click this to tweet it out!
- Grab a glass of water to be available during the call
- Take a quick bio break.
- Turn off all notifications on your computer, phone, Skype, etc. I encourage putting your phone in Airplane mode.
- Close the windows, turn off the fans, and put the animals in another room.
- Get those headphones (earbuds are perfectly okay) plugged in. If you don't have any headphones, then this is a great beginner set from Amazon. Remember, the better the audio is the more likely my audience and your audience will listen and share the show.
- Write Tom Hudson and Up Rev Ninja on a Post-It note and stick it on your monitor.
7 Minutes Before
- Pause the automatic syncing of any applications such as Dropbox, Box, Google Drive, etc.
- Minimize the number of open applications you have on your computer.
- Ensure the correct mic and headphones are selected in Skype.
Before I hit record, I Will
- Briefly describe my audience
- I will have already recorded your bio
- I may ask how to pronounce your name
- At the end of the show, I give you the opportunity to share any projects that you are working on. If you are doing this, please tell me before we get start recording.
During the Interview
- Call me by name often; this helps with storytelling; I will of course do the same.
- Be authentic and vulnerable.
After the Recording
- I'll share with you the approximate date of the release of the show.
- While you have already shared your social media and website addresses, if you have any other items you would like to share that would be a part of my show notes, please share those with me in an email.
- I'm always looking for great guests, therefore, if you know of anyone that would be a good fit, please have them email me.