In this episode, I interview, Heath Armstrong.
My life mission is to help motivate you to destroy the fear gremlins that hold your freedom and super-powers hostage. My passion is teaching skills and techniques to help you beast up your happiness muscles and build your empire of smiles. To defeat my own dark villains, I spent 200+ hours interviewing over 100 creative masterminds on the magic behind transforming visions to reality. In the process, I sold my house and everything I owned to eliminate distractions and debt, and I eventually retired my ‘career’ for full-time location independence and entrepreneurship. In 2015, I started an e-commerce company that has sold over $1.3 million in sweet ass products to date, and I only work around 2 hours/day on this business. My latest projects include The Sweet Ass Journal to Develop Your Happiness Muscle in 100 Days, and The Sweet Ass Domination Deck to Motivate Your Maniac Creative Mind.
Where do I begin? This is the longest episode that I have released and we cover so much ground, there are so many references to books, podcasts, etc. that I only captured a few of them below. Regardless, Heath is super down to earth and yet 10 years ago he was walking around with a lot of judgment of others and as you hear in the episode, alcohol was a big part of his life. Fast forward to today, he left the concrete industry to do something that he loves - a phrase that a stranger on a plane asked him and it was that moment Heath started to pivot to now he is engaged, has a location independent job and travels the world experiencing life.
My takeaways are…
- Be open and vulnerable. I know, this is talked about all the time, however, Heath discusses how this is the root to creativity, your higher self and so forth.
- Does it make you happy? This was the question he was asked by the stranger on the plane when he was telling the stranger about why he was going to Houston; for an interview for a concrete job. He had never thought about asking this question about his work before.
- Always be making space in your life as life provides you opportunities daily, you only need to be open to them.
- John Lee Dumas and Entrepreneur on Fire (podcast)
- Insight Timer (FREE app for meditation, music, etc.)
- The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod (book)
- The Strangest Secret by Earl Nightingale
- The World’s Religions by Huston Smith (book)
Find Heath Armstrong over on:
Enjoy This Episode?
If so, please leave an honest review for the Up Rev Ninja podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews help the show's rankings. Plus, they help me improve the show so I can bring you more value. Also, please consider supporting the show as a patreon today.
If you have any questions, shoot me an email at tom [at] uprev [dot] ninja. I read every email and I'd love to read yours.
Lastly, I want to say THANK YOU to Heath for sharing his story with us!